The app for your mobility
The VRR app is your custom source of timetable information specific to local public transport in the Rhine-Ruhr Public Transport Association. The VRR app shows you connections in neighbouring transport networks too. What routes are experiencing delays? The VRR app keeps you up to date on that too.
Ticket range and ticket purchase
In the VRR app you can buy:
- Single tickets (EinzelTicket)
- 4-journey tickets (4erTicket)
- 4-hour tickets (4-StundenTicket)
- Short trip tickets (Kurzstrecken-Ticket)
- Additional tickets (ZusatzTicket)
There are also tickets which are only available in the VRR App and online:
- 10-journey tickets (10erTicket)
- Happy hours tickets (HappyHourTicket)
- 24/48 hour tickets (24-/48-StundenTicket)
- 7-day tickets (7-TageTicket)
- 30-day tickets (30-TageTicket)
This is how buying a ticket works
You can buy bus and train tickets directly from the VRR app. To purchase a ticket you need a customer account with Rheinbahn AG. That’s because the transport company transacts billing with the passenger using HandyTicket Deutschland. Register in just a few steps and you can use the purchase function in the VRR app.
Select the desired the ticket in the ticket shop and pay easily with your bank card, by direct debit, pay-as-you-go or paypal. Tickets are valid for travel immediately after purchase. Where a 10-journey or 4-journey ticket is purchased, the first journey is already automatically validated.